The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,300 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an** Intern (m/f/d)** in Finance / Group Accounting for a period of 6 months. You can join our company on its growth path and learn, how the business development of a dynamic enterprise work.
Your tasks will be:
- Collaboration and support of the Group Accounting team during consolidation of quarterly and annual financial statements (IFRS) as well as the ongoing development and improvement of external reporting
- Analytical review and quality checks of the Group entities’ monthly closing packages
- Support with the intercompany recharges and preparation of consolidation bookings
- Support with the preparation of the group management report and the notes to the consolidated financial statements in English and German language (as a plus)
- Support the Group entities with respect to accounting questions
- Support with the preparation of quarterly and annual local financial statements (HGB) of the German entities
- Independent managing of projects within group accounting, also cross functional with other departments
You come with:
- Bachelor in business administration, master appreciated; emphasis on accounting or audit
- First experience in the area of (group) accounting / audit preferable
- Knowledge of the usual MS office applications, especially very good Excel skills
- Pleasure in working with figures and facing new challenges
- Hands on mentality, team work, good communication skills
- Very good English skills, German knowledge highly welcome
- Practical and entrepreneurial experience in a leading company
- Lots of personal responsibility and space for own ideas
- A great atmosphere and a steep learning curve
- A highly talented, dynamic, and international team
- An attractive compensation
Contact Person: Laura Gehling
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date.