_ Investment Management. Strategy. Pricing. Monetization. Support the leading digital publisher in seizing new investment opportunities & in further developing strategies and digital revenue models! _
Axel Springer Digital GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, steers the digital units of the Axel Springer group. Our more than 200 units in Europe, the USA and South America include highly profitable digital market leaders, among these StepStone, SeLoger, idealo, Awin, finanzen.net, Immowelt, Bonial, eMarketer and Business Insider. In addition, we are actively increasing our activities of early-stage investments in Europe and the US through assets such as Project A-Ventures and our Accelerator with Plug & Play and Porsche, as well as through direct investments.
As an intern you will be part of the Axel Springer Business Development Services team which reports directly to Axel Springer Board. It acts as an internal consultant to support Axel Springer’s central holding and digital subsidiaries in investment management & monetization topics. To support our team of experts, we are looking for you.
Your tasks and challenges
As a member of the Business Development Services team, you will be working on (at least) one of its consultancy projects – both in Berlin and on site at our German and international units. (Depending on the project) you will analyze a digital company’s financials & its web performance data, gather best practices from competitors, participate in interviews and workshops with the local management & carry out data analyses and market research. You will learn and use relevant consultancy and analysis techniques from the area of investment management, strategy & monetization.
- Support the investment process (primarily commercial due diligence) & portfolio management
- Develop (further) pricing and monetization strategies within the digital units of Axel Springer
- Be fully integrated into the team working on internal projects to optimize the areas pricing, product, sales and CRM
- Conduct competitor analyses, identify market trends and turn them into actionable solutions
- Participate in interviews and workshops with the local management
- Carry out web analytics and market research (e.g. focus groups or online surveys)
- Introduce and further develop relevant tools and processes
- Study in Business Administration, Media Management, Business Informatics, Mathematics/Statistics, Psychology or a comparative field
- Study and practical experience in the areas consulting, investment banking, venture capital, strategy/business development, pricing, sales, CRM or in the role of an entrepreneur in a start-up
- Great interest in innovative digital business models/value chains
- Strong analytical skills, a drive for numbers, a conceptual mind and strong team player
- Willingness to perform paired with a customer-oriented mindset and practices
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills as well as fluency in German and English both written and oral, with a third language being a bonus
- You are matriculated and would like to complete an internship as part of your studies
- Join us as a full-time team member working on investment, strategic & monetization projects in our digital units
- Opportunity to bring in your ideas as a fully integrated member of a highly professional team of experts
- Freedom to develop yourself personally and professionally including a steep learning curve
- Challenging tasks in Europe’s leading digital media company and the world’s market leader in classifieds market models
- Holistic professional and personal support including transparent feedback process
- A team culture marked by a spirit of partnership in a highly dynamic environment with regular team events
Location : Berlin
Start : Any time
Time : 3 to 6 months
The internship will be compensated.
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400024) will be answered gladly by: Silja Albers 030 2591 72272
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.