Become responsible for launching and expanding HousingAnywhere.com
Field: Sales & Marketing
● Start date: 15th August 2016 (preferably);
● End date: 31st January 2017 (preferably);
● 40 hours per week;
You will be helping the Sales Country Manager to expand Housing Anywhere. You will be working from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. As Junior Sales Manager you will make research for potential customers and approach universities in your country in order to expand.
Tasks of Junior Sales Manager
● Planning meetings with potential customers (universities). This means a lot of calling calling
● Selling a Housing Anywhere membership to a university (mostly in video calls or in person);
● Launching our platform in these universities.
Other (supporting) tasks:
● Verifying users in our platform;
● Website translation;
● Calling users;
● Preparing meetings at conferences;
● Other tasks that could help improving the start-up.
The internship allowance is 650€ per month (additionally, you can try to apply for the Erasmus+ grant).
● This is not your average internship: You are directly responsible for everything that will happen in your target country, which is cool if things go right (and which is not cool when your country underperforms..);
● You will develop your sales, negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills;
● Our team consists of 29 people, with 14 nationalities and most people in our office are between 21-30 years old; also having this experience of working in an international work environment will be a good element to have on your CV;
● You will be working in the Netherlands, in Rotterdam, in the student neighborhood Kralingen. Rotterdam is the second biggest city in the Netherlands and is one hour by train from the capital Amsterdam.
Send an email to Davide at hrm[at]housinganywhere.com
Characteristics we are looking for in our Junior Sales Manager:
● Knowledge about the country: We are looking for Sales Country Manager Assistants either citizens or that have lived in one of the following countries: Germany, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, UK, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Spain, France.
● Language: you should be able to speak 2 languages: English on an above-average level and be native or fluent in one of the languages of the above mentioned countries (exception for Native English speakers).
● Independent: The ability to work independently (you report directly to the Management) and to demonstrate leadership.
● Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner: the only way to make sure that HousingAnywhere will not become a victim of its own growth, is to be very organized. You will need to work according to specific checklists of our framework and develop the checklists yourself if they do not yet exist.
● Persistent: You will be part of a Sales Team. A central characteristic of good sales people is that they are very persistent: they should be able to get many rejections and still continue their job.You should be able to keep on selling this product over and over again.
● Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about Housing Anywhere. You will work 40 hours a week, but should Housing Anywhere grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. It has happened that our interns had to work on a Sunday. Although this is not common, you should be prepared for it!
● Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: you need to motivate yourself and your colleagues, also in bad times.
● Willing to do simple tasks: your title will be Junior Sales Manager and you have quite some responsibility. However, on the other hand there is nobody ‘below’ you in our office. This means you also need to complete simple tasks, for example, preparing excel sheets, replacing a logo on our website, emptying the dishwasher etc. It won’t be your main job, but these things will be part of the job.
So bewerben Sie sich bei uns
HOW TO APPLY
You can directly apply via the following link: https://www.housinganywhere.com/jobs