In 2008, Robert Gentz and David Schneider started realising their idea of providing everyone in Germany the opportunity to shop for shoes no matter where they might be, offering a wide range of shoe styles and sizes that would go beyond what a local retail store could provide. Today, Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion; a public company with a strong workforce of about 11,000 employees of over 100 different nationalities with ambitious objectives to impact the fashion industry and add value to all players in the fashion ecosystem.
A Merchandising career is diverse, flexible, fast moving and most of all exciting. Combining your passion for fashion and your analytical expertise in business, you will learn to carefully plan strategies for our brands and labels in order to ensure zlabels' diverse bran d portfolio and storytelling product ranges.
The traineeship will be 12+6 months long and will start 01 April 2017. The first 12 months represent the core program, during which you will learn the ins and outs of the job as a merchandiser.
During the last 6 months and the final part of your training, you will work on your own business case that you will present to zLabels management team. Based on your research, experience and insight, your case might be the one to be rolled out for the entire business.
Plan the direction of the brand
* You will analyze and learn to interpret sales and stock patterns to give recommendations for future product mixes, price architecture and delivery curves
Build a collection
* You will take ownership for identifying best-selling articles and ensuring that these are carried on into the next season
* You will support the team in preparing analyses for shape, colour, return rate and benchmark to detect white spots and to optimize decision making
* Together with your buddy you will be in charge of tracking the budgets and deliveries for the collection that you and your counterparts develope
* After having learned the ins and outs of preparing, reading and interpreting sales and stock figures, you will start to give recommendations for trading actions, such as reorders, price changes or further in depth analysis to gain a better understanding of the current performance of your brands and its competitors
What you've got
* You have a degree and/or relevant business experience
* You are highly interested in fashion and e-commerce
* You enjoy finding patterns within numeric data and fashion trends
* You are able to understand the overall picture and keep an eye on the details at the same time
* You are pro-active, keen to take ownership and always ready to take actions
* You appreciate cooperating with different stakeholders and sharing knowledge
* You are eager to grow and strive for the best results
* You are a confident user of Excel
* You are fluent in spoken and written English
What we've got
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At zLabels, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. That means an unprecedented potential to advance your career, and plenty of opportunity to increase your skill set. An average day in our offices feels a little like the United Nations - most business is done in English, but there are more accents than you can count! Ultimately it does not matter where you are from; if you love fashion and e-commerce, then your place is here.
* An ensured development by hooking you up with a mentor and a buddy. Your mentor will guide, advise and feedback you to make sure you grow both personally and professionally. Your buddy will be there for you at all times, ready to advise and support you
* A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results - our motto: wear sneakers, not ties
* Exciting career prospects that may seem unconventional, but are always tailored to you
* An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts, where the quality of life is second to none. From rent costs to socializing, groceries and even luxury purchases, no other major city offers as much as the German capital. Berlin´s easygoing culture, wide open streets and plentiful green spaces make it among the most pleasant urban spaces living you will find anywhere
* Be part of the fashion revolution - help grow strong brands and make decisions that count
* A feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work