The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the frontline humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance 75 countries. Around 14,000 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
WFP has just created a new Innovation Accelerator, which aims at fostering innovation to end hunger. We combine management consulting, start-up lean thinking and human centred design to drive innovation that significantly reduces food insecurity and malnutrition. WFP seeks to create value through prioritizing and better harnessing innovative ideas, as well as scaling up transformative projects to a global level. We are looking for a motivated, creative and skilled intern to support our international team in this exciting venture.
Terms of Reference
The Innovation Accelerator Intern is expected to:
1. Support innovation projects which take part of the Innovation Accelerator
2. Assist in the organisation and preparation of materials for innovation boot-camps, workshops and meetings as well as prototyping
3. Assist in drafting and writing documents and communication materials
4. Conduct research regarding technology trends and innovations in the humanitarian sector
5. Assist in WFP procurement processes, execute procedures for contracting goods and services from external vendors
6. Assist in marketing and communication activities in English and German
7. Support any other activities related to innovation and zero hunger as required
· Currently enrolled or have recently graduated (less than 12 months ago) from a University, preferably in in the areas of business, innovation, design, engineering, communication, international relations or related studies;
· Having completed at least two years of undergraduate study and 1-2 internships, international experience is a plus
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in German and English are required; second UN language would be an asset
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically-based PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents
· Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy
· Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines
· Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
· Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme
Terms and Conditions:
· Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$700 per month
· WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related
Please send your application via email to Ms. Hila Cohen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should be in English and include a motivation letter, CV and transcripts.