Freight Network Intern (m/f) - Mandatory Internship
6 Months Praktikum in
AufgabenWho are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’ve made Berlin our new European Headquarters! Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are ‘go to’ people. Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s fastest growing international companies? If that sounds interesting to you then keep on reading!!
The role as Freight Network Intern
The freight network allows us to move European-wide cross-border shipments in collaboration with our logistics and supplier partners.
European Freight Network needs support on the daily operations processes related to carrier. The daily interactions imply to align a smooth pickup process from the European suppliers by checking the entire flow of information that is transmitted to our local logistics partners. This is a great opportunity to prove your communication and interaction skills in an international environment.
- Cross functional work internally and externally as implies close interactions with Supplier Operations team, freight forwarders and carriers
- Support the freight team in daily basis actions with our partners (carriers)
- Obtain and control volume of weekly supplier pickups towards our logistics service providers
- Detect operational points to improve in daily operation
- Participate in solution and improvement proposals to increase the performance of our freight network
- Support team in invoicing and maintain data accuracy in the system
- Responsible of performance indicators for the managed carriers
- Detailed oriented person with initiative
- Interactive position that requires communication skills for contact with different carriers from various countries
- Ability to work both, independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Adaptability to work in high changing environment & capacity of managing multiple tasks
- Fluency in English (Polish, German, Italian, Spanish or French would be a plus)
- MS Office user level: advance Excel skills required for daily operation
- Enthusiastic, quick learner
- You are extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- You are willing to travel across Europe for carrier site visits
- Available for a full time intership
So bewerben Sie sich bei uns
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ossi3fwZ&s=meinpraktikum
Also, let us know your start date!And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- Ambitious team with more than 30 nationalities
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Daily fresh fruits, snacks & drinks
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Interne Referenznummer (bitte in der Bewerbung mit angeben):