Studio Tomás Saraceno, one of the world's leading practices to overlap art and architecture, is always keen to speak to enthusiastic talented people who might be interested in joining our team in Berlin.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses on the most experimental projects, as such we are seeking a Studio Production Intern (80% full-time activity, for a minimum of three months) with excellent research skills and attention to detail to join the internationally renowned artist’s team. The position is partially remunerated.
Suitable applicants to work on our outstanding projects must be diligent, enthusiastic, and quick-learning, with proven abilities to undertake heavy tasks such as cutting hard steel cables and moving heavy loads. Due to the hands-on approach this job requires, the Studio will give preference to male candidates. The candidate should not be fearful of heights.
- Degree in Product Design, Architecture or Interior Design;
- Previous experience of installing on-site (museums, art fairs, exhibitions, etc.);
- Previous experience in working with materials such as wood, metal, steel cables and plastic, and in handling tools such as wood saw, miller, laser- cutter, etc.
- Demonstrable graphic and computer skills with an ability to read, interpret and draw architectural plans and shop-sketches for manufacturing. Knowledge of Rhinoceros 3d and AutoCAD is essential;
- Ability to understand and create detailed design elements and developments;
- Demonstrable skills in problem-solving and improvisation;
- Efficiency and precision with high attention to details;
- Skilled planner with timelines and budgets;
- Flexible and committed attitude to work. Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative in a large team;
- Good time management skills. An ability to set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently and work independently;
- Excellent German and English with oral communication skills;