We are a young, passionate, international and innovative architecture firm located in Panama City, Central America. According to Swiss Quality standards we are currently building fully insulated houses that feature the latest technologies on the market. For our office we are looking for an Intern who is interested in making an experience abroad and in supporting us with the current projects.
Panama City is the vibrant capital of Panama, a country which is currently rapidly developing. The city is under construction and it is a very exciting moment to be here. The construction industry is booming and, really, any other business too. A city is beeing built.
We are looking for an intern that has a passionate interest for architecture, who is a team player, flexibile, possitive and hard working. To be able to spend some time here, you would need to be armed with a monthly amount of approx. 1500 USD, which would include housing, food, transportation and general expenses. This internship is not paid, but we would help you of course to find accomodation opportunities and get settled. From our side you can expect to learn lots, not only about the exciting city and country of Panama, but also about how architecture and design are done on a high standard quality level, a critical thinking approach on design, and a overall understanding on construction technologies and materials. Visits to our current constructions and supervision, cooperation in the design visualisation works and more. It would be necessary for you to have at least basic spanish skills.
Currently, we are building our website, which is in working progress. Please review also the Linked In Profile of our CEO Sara Battelli, where you can find a quick resume on our latest works.
- Assists in the design and development technical architecture drawings, construction details problem solving, interior design, architecture design
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- support in the organization of construction related issues with suppliers, workers
- Working towards a BA or certificate from an Architecture School
- Experience with Archi Cad, Auto Cad and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe In Design
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multicultural environment
- preferabily know how to use Archicad
- preferabily speak spanish, but at least english or italian
- preferabily have drawn construction plans before