Your role: As part of Discovery NCE Drug Disposition department you will work with an innovative new approach around mass spectrometry. In this role you will work with state-of-the art analytical instrumentation and methods in as industrial research and development environment of a leading pharmaceutical company.
You will characterize a set of defined compounds and metabolites on their mass spectrometrical behaviour, elucidate the chromatographic and mass spectrometrical parameters involved, and set-up mathematical models for those in order to better predict the quantity of new compounds in the future.
For this approach you will
- Develop chromatographic separation methods for a number of different compounds
- Determine the mass spectrometrical response factors using different mass spectrometers and ionization modes
- If applicable develop mathematical models to better predict the mass spectrometrical response factors
Who you are:
- Preferably engineering student (last year) or Masters’ student
- You are a matriculated student during the whole period of the internship or in a gap year between Bachelor's and Master's degree
- You have knowledge, interest, experience and passion for analytical chemistry, especially LC-MS
- Knowledge, interest and experience in chemometrics/machine learning are desirable additional qualities
Duration: 6 months, starting in February 2017
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com