Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
Your Role: Within our therapeutic area "Oncology" we are offering an internship in our research program “Cancer Stem Cells” (CSC). We are working with primary cell cultures investigating features of CSC and their interaction with the immune system as well as cells of the niche. You will contribute to research in this field and to the translation into immunotherapeutic approaches by working on a dedicated project in the frame of a 4-6 month internship or master thesis project.
Who you are:
• Master student in Biology or related fields
• Strong interest and initial knowledge in cancer stem cells, primary cell culture, cancer biology and immunology
• Ideally experience in / knowledge of standard immunology and tumor biology techniques such as cell culture techniques, flow cytometry, ELISA and microscopy.
• Very good English skills
• High standard of ethical and intellectual integrity
• Strong interest in teamwork
• Ability to work independently on established techniques
Start: July/August 2017 for 6 months
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com