Job DescriptionPart of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The central R&D organization „Design Enabling and Services"(DES) provides the design environment to the different Infineon product development teams. With state-of-the-art design methods, building blocks and a wide range of product development services DES supports Infineon's advanced IC development from early high level system models to verified products ready for manufacturing.
Main tasks for this thesis are:
* Develop the numeric methods that are required to simulate passive circuits in the frequency domain.
* Optimize these methods for speed when applied in an Integrated Circuit Design Framework, this includes choosing the right programming language for the task.
* Understand the metrics that are used for characterization of inductors and transformers.
You're best equipped for this job, if you:
* Currently studying Informatics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field and looking for a master thesis topic focused on numerical programming.
* Have a strong understanding of scientific computing.
* Have strong programming skills and are familiar with one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Matlab, Perl, Cadence Skill.
* Basic knowledge of analog circuit design and passive device physics is an advantage.
Please attach the following documents to your application:
* Your CV
* Copy of your certificate of matriculation at a university
* Copy of your latest study transcript
* Copy of your final school report