Dolby Laboratories is the global leader in technologies that are essential elements in the best entertainment experiences. Founded in 1965 and best known for high-quality audio and surround sound, Dolby innovations enrich entertainment at the movies, at home, or on the go.
The Broadcast QA department is responsible for ensuring the deliverables comply to high quality standards that are associated with a brand like Dolby. As part of our core work we implement and execute testing and quality assurance processes and test automation of our deliverables according to industry standards.
The work will be done in close cooperation with senior engineers and other relevant stakeholders. You will be part of a young and dynamic team in an extremely collegial atmosphere. What you will gain from this internship is exposure to:
· Industry standard software development and life cycle techniques and processes in an agile working environment.
· Relevant knowledge on Dolby’s core technologies and how their performance is measured
· Testing and Quality assurance processes
As part of the internship in the Broadcast QA department of Dolby Germany in Nuremberg, you will be part of a team that will be responsible for setting up a centralized database and frontend in order to store and retrieve data regarding the performance of our core technologies. The internship will be distributed into the following main areas:
· Design and implement a database to store performance numbers of our core technologies.
· Design and implement a web based user interface that would allow querying of this database based on the provided input parameters.
· Generate varying reports built out of the queried data.
· Write relevant unit and functional tests that should serve as a regression suite for this application
The internship is intended to be for a period of 6 months.
If you are interested, please apply online at www.dolby.com/careers with your CV as well as a cover letter including your possible starting date.