Duration: 6 - 12 months / Start: immediately / Working hours: 15-19 hours per week
STOXX Ltd. is an independent global index provider, currently calculating a global, comprehensive index family of over 7,000 strictly rules-based and transparent indices. Since the launch of Europe's leading Blue-chip index, the EURO STOXX 50, STOXX is providing thorough and sustainable index concepts that surpass any standard within the industry. STOXX is owned by Deutsche Börse, and also markets and operates the exchange operators indices, among them the well-known DAX index family. The indices of STOXX and Deutsche Börse are licensed to more than 500 companies among the world's largest financial products issuers, capital owners, and asset managers. They are used not only as underlyings for financial products such as ETFs, futures and options, and structured products, but also for risk and performance measurement.
As a student assistant - STOXX Ltd. - Product Development you will have the outstanding opportunity to gain insight into our company's various fields of activity. STOXX Ltd. bundles the index business of Deutsche Börse, Swiss Exchange and calculates own regional indices. Customers use indices as market indicators and yardsticks in the measurement of the performance of investment products and/or portfolios. In addition, they serve as underlying derivatives and structured products, e.g. for futures and options as well as index funds, leveraged products and certificates.transactions and provision of market information right up to the development and operation of electronic trading systems. With its process-oriented business model, Deutsche Börse increases the efficiency of capital markets. At the same time, innovation and international growth are important factors of our success.
- Contribute to the development of new indices
- Participate in the improvement of existing products and services
- Compile materials for product positioning and provide analysis to foster decision making
- Research and analyze several index-specific topics
- Mitarbeit in laufenden Projekten der Abteilung
- Part-time jobs for students
- Must be enrolled in a recognized university program during the internship
- Must be pursuing a masters degree or be in the final year of studies of a bachelors degree in finance, economics or mathematics with quantitative focus
- Knowledgeable about capital markets and financial products
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Power Point
- VBA knowledge advantageous
- Able to work independently and manage time and projects efficiently
- Solid command of written and verbal English; knowledge of German would be advantageous
There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, an international working environment and a varied internship-/ studentprogram.