Duration: 3-6 month* (Internship); 12 month (Student Assistant) / Start: as soon as possible / Working time (per week): 39 hours (internship); 15-19 hours (Student Assistant)
Deutsche Börse AG opens up international capital markets for its customers. Its product and service portfolio covers the entire process chain from securities and derivatives trading through the settlement of transactions and provision of market information to the development and operation of electronic trading systems. With its process-oriented business model, Deutsche Börse increases the efficiency of capital markets. Committed employees are the key factor for innovation and further growth. Without them Deutsche Börse Group would not have developed into one of the most modern exchange organisations in the world. More than 5,300 employees work for the Group - a dynamic, motivated and international team.
Within Deutsche Börse Group, the Corporate Office acts as a strongly networked department that maintains diverse cross-divisional and cross-locational interfaces to other departments, such as legal, compliance and risk. This also includes the different market segments such as derivatives market and Clearinghouse Eurex, Cash Market, Market Data Services, Clearstream as well as further essential Group Companies such as STOXX AG.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Office range widely from committee management for Deutsche Börse AG and its subsidiaries, to the organization and execution of Annual General Meetings and advisory services for other departments regarding the implementation of governance processes, for example with regard to new regulatory requirements.
As a student assistant in the Corporate Office, you will gather experience in the complex topic of corporate governance. You will support the committee management team, and experience how reliable decision-making processes and the company’s capacity to act is ensured. In addition, you will gain insights into the processes surrounding the initiation of new projects and products, and how the company’s focus towards innovative businesses and future-oriented strategies is promoted. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to become acquainted with the regulatory landscape of the financial industry. You will also support the organization and execution of the Annual General Meeting of the Deutsche Börse AG.
- Active participation in current projects of the Corporate Office, especially in the area of corporate governance
- Support for coordinating meetings for the various boards & committees of Deutsche Börse Group and its subsidiaries
- Support for project management for the Annual General Meeting of Deutsche Börse AG, including preparation, execution and follow-up
- Part-time jobs for students
- University enrollment for the duration of employment
- At least four completed semesters of a bachelor's degree, or alternatively, enrollment in a master's degree (preferably in the field of economics, law or a comparable field of study)
- Fluent in German and English (spoken and written)
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications, preferably including SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills, organizational talent, collaborative and service oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently with attention to details
- Commitment, discretion and tact when dealing with sensitive topics
Reference number: 62000273