Duration: 3-6 months* / Start: June 2017 / Working hours (per week): 39 hours
Deutsche Börse AG opens up international capital markets for its customers. Its product and service portfolio covers the entire process chain from securities and derivatives trading through the settlement of transactions and provision of market information to the development and operation of electronic trading systems. With its process-oriented business model, Deutsche Börse increases the efficiency of capital markets. Committed employees are the key factor for innovation and further growth: Without them Deutsche Börse Group would not have developed into one of the most modern exchange organisations in the world. More than 5,300 employees work for the Group - a dynamic, motivated and international team.
In your new position as Intern - DB1 Ventures Investments and Corporate Finance - you will support the Corporate Venture Capital arm of Deutsche Börse, DB1 Ventures. The Group Venture Portfolio Management (GVPM) team of the Deutsche Börse Group, oversees the portfolio of ventures and subsidiaries from the Group, and acts as an engaged, long-term strategic partner and provider of capital to growth-stage companies, which are core or adjacent to the group's strategy. The team looks to create a diversified investment portfolio across our businesses, and proactively manage it in order to contribute to the overall equity story of the organization.
- Maintain venture capital / M&A pipeline and deal flow database, as well as any operations documentation
- Provide support on specific ongoing planning or restructuring projects, working with a team of functional experts from across the company (project management skills are a plus)
- Participate in, and perform specific tasks during due diligence efforts for venture capital / M&A activities
- Provide support for ongoing investment engagements; help evaluate potential acquisition targets or other ad hoc analysis requested by management
- Part-time jobs for students
- Students must be enrolled in an academic programme recognized by the state during their internship
- Bachelors degree in Bus. Administration / Finance / Marketing / Economics (Master's degrees or MBAs are preferred)
- Previous work experience (preferably in activities related to venture capital/finance/ M&A)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and analytical mindset
- Eagerness to learn, to take on responsibilities as well as intellectual curiosity and initiative
- Fluency in English
There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, an international work environment and a varied internship-/ studentprogram. *If you want to complete a voluntary internship, i.e. not compulsory based on provisions in higher education law, the maximum duration is three months. When completing a compulsory internship, the duration corresponds to the length of time regulated by your study regulations.