Internship at Cactus Language Training (Marketing, Sales and Operations)
Cactus Language Training is a forward thinking, dynamic, international language training company based in the beautiful and cultural city of Brighton in the South East of England. We have a professional and friendly team of around twenty people who work from office in Brighton (Hove).
An internship at Cactus offers versatility, responsibility, autonomy and practical, on the job training and experience of a diverse range of activities.
You will need to be adaptable and flexible with a hands-on approach to your work, bags of initiative, enthusiasm, creativity, lots of ideas, an eye for detail and an inquisitive mind.
and written English (minimum level B2/C1) as well as excellent communication
skills are essential and one other language.
Possible Intern Tasks
Cactus works with a large number of freelance language teachers and this role would include supporting the academic and operations staff in their communication with the teachers.
· Assist with teacher searches within our database and outside
· Communicate with teachers both by email and telephone.
· Assist the Director of Studies in different tasks such as contacting references and organizing Teacher Seminars
We are a very busy company and our customers can be from anywhere in the world so an ability to communicate with people from many different cultures and backgrounds is essential. We offer many different language learning solutions and this role would include supporting our customer service executives.
· Create a strong rapport with clients, identify their needs and offer a suitable option
· Liaise with schools and accommodation providers
· Research potential partners
· Business development
· Affiliate marketing
· Website and content management
· Database maintenance
· Perform market research and produce market research reports
· Perform competitors analysis reports
· Participate in direct sales marketing campaigns
· Assist with affiliate marketing campaigns
· Amend, update and edit website content
· Update the database/cross checking information
· Assist with Social Media searches
Every internship at Cactus is different. What you do at Cactus depends on what skills and experience you have.
We expect every intern to be prepared to help with everything. Some jobs may be repetitive, but if you show your ability to manage these tasks well, we will give you more exciting things to do. In return for your hard work, we try to show you how our company works.
We welcome a pro-active attitude and interns putting forward ideas and suggestions.
Should you have any specific requirements from your university, for example a report or project, we’ll do our best to support you and to accommodate for that.
· Note, we can only accept applicants who participate in a European programme such as Erasmus or Leonardo Da Vinci or where the internship is a mandatory part of your studies.
· A very good level of English (B2/C1).
· The minimum stay is 3 months.
Please note that the internship is unpaid. However, we do reimburse you for your expenses for lunch (up to £10/day) and local public transport.