Axel Springer Digital
„We can do better", this is both our claim and promise as Axel Springer wants to become the leading digital media company. We try to creatively and passionately shape the future of media. This corresponds to interesting, varied and demanding tasks in the creative and entrepreneurial environment that is offered at Axel Springer. This is where people may embrace themselves and go beyond traditional work environments. We are looking for you.
During your internship you will work as part of our corporate investment holding. This division steers Axel Springer’s digital entities, which already today contribute more than 75% to the corporate group’s EBITDA. Our more than 200 investments, which comprise of e.g. StepStone, Business Insider, Idealo, Zanox, aufeminin, finanzen.net, KaufDa, SeLoger and Immowelt, are located in Europe, USA and South American and are market leaders in their respective business. To support both national and international digital growth as well as the strategic expansion of our portfolio in cooperation with the board you will work on business development and M&A-projects, as well as support in investment management. Your tasks comprise of jointly developing business plans, conducting market- and competitor analysis as well as checking on financial figures of both asset and target companies.
- Study in Business Administration, Business Informatics, Media Management or any other comparable field from a leading business school
- First practical experience in Strategy Consulting, Venture Capital, Investment banking or in a Start-up as an entrepreneur
- Analytical skills, entrepreneurial and conceptual mind as well as a drive for numbers
- Willingness to perform, high professionalism and a strong team player
- High interest for digital media and digital business models
- Responsible, flexible and engaged way of working with a degree of assertiveness
- Fluent English and very good German language knowledge
- Very good MS-Office skills
- You are matriculated and would like to pursue an internship within your studies
What we offer
- Join us as a full team member during your internship
- Support of our highly professional investment team with regard to strategic M&A-projects (Due Diligence, Business plans) and Business Development projects
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development
- Work with demanding projects on group level that offer a steep learning curve
- Personal and professional support during your internship with a transparent feedback process
- Partner-like team culture in a dynamic surrounding with, inter alia, regular team events
Start: Any time
Time: 3 to 6 months
The internship will be compensated competitively.
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400024) will be answered gladly by:
Claudia Model; telephone: 030 2591 72299