Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of a Software Engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) within the team of Radar Processing System Engineering (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Duration: 3-6 months
Afterwards there is the possibility for writing a final thesis, upon agreement with the department.
The new Generation of Intel multicore processors have integrated powerful graphic processing Units (GPU). If not required for graphic processing tasks, this unit could be used for Radar Signal processing functions. Furthermore additional specific GPU boards could be used as well for Signal processing purposes.
The task is to implement and benchmark Radar Processing examples using OpenCL. The intern should answer the question whether and how an approach using OpenCL for heterogeneous processor architectures could improve the overall performance without increasing the development costs too much.
Your exciting tasks:
- Setup a basic processor system with an Intel Processor Board (which is available) and Linux operating system and OpenCL programming environment
- Implement a basic radar processing application based on already existing code and documentation
- Benchmarking of the performance and comparison with the existing results based on conventional implementation
- Identify important design rules for optimized performance and as well limitations
- Documentation of the work and results
- Enrolled student within Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field of study
- Good knowledge within Linux, C/C++
- Experience within OpenCL or within CUDA
- English: negotiation level
- German: is a plus
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
Does this job description fit your objectives and profile? Take the next step in your career and come and join us!
How to apply:
Online via www.jobs.airbusgroup.com
Reference number 10328935
Please provide the following documents: cover letter, C.V., relevant certificates, current certificate of enrolment, excerpt from your study regulations/guidelines if it is a compulsory internship)
You can direct your cover letter to: Mrs. Hansen
Should you have general questions regarding this position you can write an E-Mail to: email@example.com
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Start des Praktikums